Navy Yellow Chevron

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Southern Cross (La Cruz del Sur)

Jimmy and I are sitting out on our patio looking at the city and talking right now...

The view from our apartment tonight, with a beautiful crescent moon off to the left.

...and I just learned something new, and interesting.  Perhaps you, like me, have never thought about this, but when you are in the Southern Hemisphere, you can't see the same constellations as when you are in California.  It makes sense when you think about the Earth's tilt and rotation...  Apparently one of the only constellations that can be seen in both hemispheres is Orion.  

Its too bright here in the city to see the stars, but I'm also looking forward to checking out La Cruz del Sur, the Southern Cross, a well-known constellation in the Southern Hemisphere.  Interesting bit of information to end your day :)


1 comment:

  1. Good info!!! Thanks for the updates, I feel like I get to live in Chile through you!!! And I think I might visit Chile just to check out Kidzania :)

    ReplyDelete