Navy Yellow Chevron

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Beachward bound!

This week has been full of a lot of firsts for Caleb.  On Sunday, we took him to the beach for the first time. I thought I might need toys and snacks to keep him entertained, but that couldn't have been further from the  truth.  He had so much fun just sitting on or near the towel playing with a shovel, a sifter and a bucket.  I forget sometimes how well the simple things entertain at this age.   He even left his hat on his head the entire time (perhaps because he saw mommy and daddy wearing theirs, too) whereas normally he takes hats off before you can really get them on.






After about twenty or thirty minutes of moving and scooping sand, we took Caleb down to meet the ocean.  I think we got him too close too soon at first, letting a wave drench his legs pretty good, but we backed off and just let his toes get the water, lifting him above it when the bigger waves came in, and he seemed to like it once he had done that for about five minutes.  On one of the big waves Jimmy lifted Caleb high above it, and the water went around he and Caleb and crashed on me, soaking me nearly up to my shoulders.  Brrr!  Wasn't expecting that one.  


Here is the link to see the second video on YouTube, when he was a bit more warmed up to the ocean and waves thing. (Video is too big for blogger and I haven't yet figured out how to cut them shorter)


Our day ended with Jimmy cooking a live lobster for dinner.  Caleb had fun checking him out before get got cooked :)


No comments:

Post a Comment