Navy Yellow Chevron

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Rainy Day Dough Fun

It was time for a new batch of playdough, so Caleb and I made one together today.  He had fun pouring the ingredients into the bowl, and even more fun dipping his finger in and tasting them (salt and flour, yuck!).  Of course his attention span didn't last through the cooking portion of it...

The first time I made it I used a whole bottle of dye (the amount that recipe called for, wow!), which made for an extremely vibrant color, but now I am all out of blue dye.  It was fun thought to have a whole batch of one color because we could roll it out and cut it will cookie cutters or Caleb's 'cutter' (a dough scraper from the dollar store).  This time I tried a different recipe, and made the dough colorless so I could divide it in half and have two colors of dough.   I think next time I will add more dye, but definitely don't need a whole bottle.  






Looked like mashed potatoes when it was cooking...



Saying 'cheese' with a mouthful of a snack


A huge Playdough ice cream on a funnel cone



Found this cute kiddie-sized rolling pin at Target.  Much easier to maneuver than the heavy old
one that you saw in the others pictures :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment